Portal to VRML Town
click here to enter
return to main index
Recommended Runtime Environment
Plug-In: Cosmo Player 2.1
graphics preferences should be set to Direct3D Renderer for best results.
The OpenGL Renderer seems to produce fuzzy stitching with the thin surfaces.
Force Software-only Rendering is fine but suffers from a poor frame rate.
Click On Each One To Enlarge
Summary of Implemented Features
- Light blue sky colour implemented.
- Four light grey roads.
- Three slightly darker grey cross streets with houses.
- Green lawns for the each of the gardens.
- Barratt style houses.
- Trees planted in the gardens of the houses.
- Thin flat base for the world.
- Town is explorable by walking around it.
- Implemented house architecture and style.
- Three similar house styles.
- Two types of trees.
- Houses and trees produced from primitives.
- Six different viewpoints.
- Different light sources (overall directional light and interactive house lighting).
- Inlining of library files.
- Transformations (most of the projects construction).
- Animation of position and colour (house lights, traveling car and flying viewpoint).
- Interaction (house doors and light switches).
- Texture mapping of the three roofs of the houses.
- Web linking (used in the implementation of the teleport).
- Teleport as the heart in the third houses back garden.
- Returning teleport as a stealth plane in the simple heart world.
- Use of an indexed face set to produce the roof tops of the houses.
- Three levels of detail implemented for each of the three houses (total of nine houses).
- Use of transparency for the windows of the houses and the blue 3D star.
- Discovery of a file format converter called Crossroads (heart, stealth, car and star).